Last Updated on
Catalyst Production Suite
Catalyst Production Suite fuses powerful media preparation and fast, focused video editing to provide the backbone for your video productions. Catalyst Prepare paves your path from camera to post with robust organizational tools, precise first-pass color correction and monitoring, extensive metadata support, and more. Catalyst Edit provides a lean, focused video editing environment that makes your cutting process fast and fluent.
With support for 4K, Sony RAW, and HD media, Catalyst Production Suite gives you the power to make the most of your camera’s high dynamic range and wide color gamut as well as the stunning resolution of 4K from beginning to end.
The Catalyst Production Suite workflow
With strong family support, you can accomplish amazing things. The Catalyst family provides powerful media prep and focused, fast editing that you can rely on to translate the vision in your head to an experience that moves your viewers.
Catalyst Prepare takes care of all of your media prep needs:
- View your media directly from a camera, deck, or card reader
- Make a full-volume backup with checksum verification
- Organize clips into bins
- Batch copy clips
- Batch transcode clips
- Make color adjustments and apply looks
- Set in/out points
- Establish multichannel audio assignments
- Batch upload clips Ci, the Sony video cloud service
- Assemble a rough cut with the Storyboard feature
In Catalyst Edit, turn your beautiful footage into a polished, finished product. To save time, access your Catalyst Prepare libraries directly and import existing storyboards to cut your project together quickly and creatively. The focused toolset gives you quick access to all the essential cutting tools as well as effects, titling, and other tools to bring your production from imagination to screen.
- Added support for stabilizing FX9 clips using metadata.
- Improved workflow for exporting clips.
- Added support for stitching multiple clips to create a single continuous clip.
- Added support for exporting custom metadata as a sidecar file.
- The scale of the SDR gain control in Options > Color Management has been updated to use a range of -15.0 dB to 0 dB (in 0.1 dB increments). This change ensures consistent HDR-to-SDR conversion with the HDRC-4000 HDR Production Converter Unit.
- When formatting a disk for the PZW-4000, the XDROOT folder is no longer created by default.
- Added support for creating the XDROOT folder on a USB drive or SxS media. Select the drive in Organize mode, click the Tools button, and choose Create XDROOT folder from the menu.
- Added support for VENICE X-OCN 4K 2.39:1 files.
- Added support for choosing a verification mode and hash type for copy verification.
- Improved application start-up times.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive when moving a clip to SxS memory while the memory was in use by the PZW-4000.
- Fixed a bug that could cause file transfers to fail when transferring a file to a Sony deck via FTP using a lower-case file extension.
- Fixed a bug that could result in incorrect color space when transcoding with the Add watermark check box selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect output for X-OCN and XAVC clips that contain a Tint metadata value other than 0.
- Fixed a bug that could cause highlights to be clamped in HDR clips when the Black adjustment switch was enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent clip list edits from being saved in some cases when closing the application.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the discontinuous timecode indicator from being displayed correctly at the start of a clip.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Upload button to be unavailable in the Share pane when uploading to Ci Workspace with Upload original clips selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause user interface text to appear with a reduced line weight when running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) in Japanese.